About Me

My photo
"Feeling my way through the darkness, guided by a beating heart."

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 6: Have You Tabata'd Lately?


What's up kiddos?! Today you're going to do the exact same workout that I did today. Remember how to do a tabata? (20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for 4 minutes) Well today you've got 5 of them in a row! This is actually taken from the crossfit website and it gave me a good kick in the butt so I hope you guys like it too. You'll need a concept 2 rower for this workout and a pull up bar. You can use the smith machine and sub the pull up for a body row if pull ups are too difficult. I've posted a picture of a body row for guidance. All you're doing is pulling your chest up to the bar and then lowering down to the floor keeping a slight bend in the elbows. You can keep the legs extended just as I demonstrated or bend the knees to make it a little easier. There is a 1 minute (and 1 minute only!) of rest in between each tabata. Warm up with a 1 mile run before doing this workout. The order goes as follows:

Row
Rest 1 minute
Squat
Rest 1 minute
Pull Up (or body row)
Rest 1 minute
Push Up
Rest 1 minute
GHD sit up

JAM ON: For my post workout, I did wall climbs with some clean and presses at 55lbs, however, I'm changing yours up a bit. Finish up today's workout with some plank holds. Do 3 sets of planks. First set is for 1 minute. Second set is for 1:30. Third set is for 2 full minutes.

Have fun, work hard, make muscles, and feel good! Steak it UK!

No comments:

Post a Comment