About Me

My photo
"Feeling my way through the darkness, guided by a beating heart."

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day 17: Don't stop, keep tri-ing!

I did a swim workout this morning and I couldn't help but get so psyched for race season! It was just the kick in the head that I needed to get me out of the slump I felt I've been in this week. All of this talk and obsessing I have over weight loss has kept me from losing sight of what I love the most. I'm an active person and I love fitness. There's more to exercise than just burning calories for me and I think I need to remind myself of that. I worry so much about diet that this week I've been in the mentality of "I'm so done with obsessing over every piece of food I eat!" Food needs to fuel my body and I think I need to just buckle down and grasp the concept of eating for me and my lifestyle, indulging every now and then but not getting carried away. A method that worked for me in the past was logging my calories so I do not overdo it on portions and my goal for next week is to try and get back to that. I'll always remember a quote that Brittany said to me one day, "You can't get too crazy or else you'll go crazy." She is 100% right! I obsess so much over how I look that I sometimes do not think about how I feel. After my workout today I felt like I could jump in and compete in a triathlon tomorrow! Basically, I hope after yesterdays post about struggles and road bumps that you find some motivation and inspiration in today's post. Find something that you get psyched about and enjoy it! Whether its swimming, walking, doing zumba, or playing chess, go do it and enjoy it. Keep in mind that health is first but don't obsess so much over body image. I have to remind myself that from time to time. Until  next time y'all, keep moving and keep living. Don't sweat the small stuff and move on from your blunders!

No comments:

Post a Comment