About Me

My photo
"Feeling my way through the darkness, guided by a beating heart."

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 15...Something Different!

You're all rocking and rolling and doing great! I figured I'd change things up a bit with the blog and create more of a space to share what we're doing to keep fit and motivate each other. Consider this a community journal with anticipation for me to visit in July! Post your workouts, diet tips, maybe even a fun recipe! I'll still occasionally post workouts for you guys, especially if the demand is high, but for the next few weeks I'll be a little selfish and post about what I'm doing to stay moving!

 If I may share a personal testimony, I'm looking to shed a few extra pesky lbs before I venture to NC. Please note that my goals, workouts, and diet are not meant to be given as advice but just as inspiration and maybe spark ideas for you guys. My diet is primarily paleo and it works for me, but I would never suggest someone dive in and go for it. With that being said, I've found some amazing recipes that I'd like to share sometime that are based off of the paleo style.  Also, my training style works for me but I would never recommend doing 5 hours of exercise a day! (Keep in mind I teach about 17 classes a week). Moral of this testimony, I'm just happy to share with you guys my fitness/health escapades.

Today, I did an Insanity Cardio Recovery workout. It was a little under 40 minutes and was mostly core and balance work to take a break from heavy impact activity. My quads have been tight this week so that workout helped a lot! I also taught an indoor cycle class for 55minutes and worked up a really good sweat. After that I did a sprint interval swim on my lunch break. I made it a goal to get one swim in during the week to help prep me for triathlon season. I won't go too much into my diet because I don't want to be one of those girls who always talks about what they eat, however, I do eat about every 4-5 hours. Most of the time fruits and nuts are snacks, and I have lots and lots of veggies for lunch with some good solid protein (usually its chicken). I'm looking forward to another whole30 in June and I hope you guys are psyched too!

Well, I guess that's it for my rambling today. Feel free to leave lots of comments and lets really try to keep each other moving. Share your goals, your struggles, or maybe your frustrations with diets and we can try to coach each other along. Can't wait to see how this turns out! Until then, keep on rockin' in the free world!

No comments:

Post a Comment