About Me

My photo
"Feeling my way through the darkness, guided by a beating heart."

Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 18...Tall Mountain Dreams and Eating Squeaky Clean



What's up friends?! Long time no update. Well, things are progressing nicely in terms of feeling better about my diet and my balance with exercise. I've gotten back into running 2-3x a week on a regular basis and the ankle is slowly but surely getting stronger. This week has been a light week for me; I was coming off two big weeks of training/class teaching so I took this week to cool the jets while still getting in at least 30 minutes of some form of a workout each day. I can successfully say I've been tracking my calories for about 3 weeks now and I'm feeling good with it. Next month is whole30 month and starting June 1st its nothing but clean eating and the bare essentials. No sugars, dairy, alcohol, and very low to no carbs. I'm oddly looking forward to it but I will admit, I've been letting myself enjoy certain foods this week because of it ;) (Man oh man a Hershey's dark chocolate bar with almonds has never tasted so good!) Any who, along with the whole30 I'm doing, June will be a big month! I'm planning to hike Mt. Washington on the 22nd and I cannot wait! I've been getting some small hikes in every other weekend so I hope I'm prepared when it comes to hike the tallest mountain on the eastern seaboard!

Enough about me, how are y'all doing? Thanks Brittany for commenting on a recent post, I'm glad my rambling and venting is being read! Keep up the hard work you've put in, and if you haven't put in any yet, there's no time like the present! Until next time, let's keep our eyes on the prize and our feet moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment